Monday, May 5, 2008

Dateline: New York, NY


Whew...New York in Spring was a blast, but very tiring. As I spent April 25-30 in Manhattan, I was amazed by the sheer size. I've never felt so small, but so alive, as I did in New York City.

When I wasn't working at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center (located along the Hudson River), I was up until the wee hours of the morning taking in the sights of the city. I visited Ground Zero, walked through Tribeca, Greenwich Village, SoHo, took in the views from the Empire State Building, and checked out Times Square at least a million times.

Getting to see the places I've only ever seen in photos and movies, I realized I wasn't prepared for the beauty of New York City. It was difficult not to fall in love and immediately set up shop. The only thing that stopped me from doing so was the cost of living. When a quick trip to the Deli for snacks cost me $17, I knew that I needed a better way to offset the expenses. Fortunately, my company reimburses me for any costs, as otherwise, I'd never be able to afford it.

You can check out my photo tour of New York City, and come back in a few weeks for my first trip to Miami, FL. I'll be back to New York in September, and I can't wait to see what's changed. For the city that never sleeps, New York has a lot to offer. Mostly it's a lack of boredom.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: